Home

Do you need to regear with 35 inch tires

Tires & Wheels Blazen - Replacement Wheel

I put 35 inch tires on my gladiator rubicon and it doesn't like 8th gear only when i am going down a slight decline even driving on a flat road if there is a slight change in the road it will down shift to 7th gear it likes 7th gear better with the 35 inch tires I have saw people regearing there gladiator and posting about it on YouTub As for regearing you're going to want to do this, especially if you want to keep your transmission running longer. at 35's you should at least be at 4.11 gears but 4.56 would be ideal. Keep in mind if you gear your rear diff you also need to gear your front diff, which that can get pricey as a lot of shops charge extra for IFS If you do a lot of highway driving on small to mid sized tires, it may be practical to regear to a taller setup to increase your top speed and fuel economy. If you are planning on doing a lot of off-roading or are only upgrading to a larger set of tires, you should probably install shorter gears

Do I have to regear for 35s? Jeep Wrangler Foru

absolutely. i have a 2.5 and thinking about regearing eventually. loss of power due to larger/heavier tires and added strain on transmission can be alleviated with proper gears. x2, i have 33s and i geared to 4.88s, 4.56 wouldve been fine but in the summer im gonna go with 35s and the ratio for 35s is 4.88s from what ive hear The difference in ground clearance at the axle between 33 and 35 tires is 1. 33s will cost you $1200-$2000 depending on tire and if you will need new wheels. That extra inch of clearance at the axle with 35s for $8000-$12,000 more might not be worth it. yep, that make sense I was surprised at how quick my Sport S was with the 35s, but today when I stumbled upon the Tazer JL 0-60 timer feature I got some actual numbers to put to.

what about 35 inch tires? In either case you'll need to adjust the speedo. Assuming you have 3.73 gears and an auto tranny, you can run 35's fine without re-gearing, though 4.10's match up really well with 35's For 35s, likely need at least 2.5 inch suspension lift and adding 1 body lift might let you get away without cutting fenders open further. Front bumper will need a bit of trimming if you still have factory plastic bumper. Windshield washer fluid tank will need relocated. Front body mounts trimmed This chart is based on 65 MPH and a gear ratio of 1:1, on a manual transmission in 4th gear. Please NOTE: If you have an automatic transmission your RPM will higher due to slippage in the transmission and the torque converter. With an overdrive transmission your RPM in overdrive will be 15% to 30% less than indicated. Comments A regear kinda depends on how you use your truck. I have 34 tires and have not regeared. I don't have time to go offroad so my truck is just driven back and forth to work. The roads where I live are flat and I don't tow anything. If you go off-road, live in the hills, or tow a trailer, you will want to regear Apr 19, 2021. #5. The gearing would be wrong and you would need to regear. The badlands with the 33s has a different suspension than the BD BB OB. But it may fit. The 32s would fit because that what BD BB and OB come with. The badlands has the m210. Not the m190. In jeep terms this is a dana 44 vs the dana 30

Also, the 31 10.50s measure out to be a true 31 tire. The tread with is about 9 wide and they don't seem to balloon around the rim at all. As far as regearing with 31s, it's not necessary, but you may notice a drop in power. I've been considering regearing to 4:10s. Check this site out- DML Tire and Wheel Calculator Do you need to Regear for 35 inch tires? No, you don't need to re-gear with 35s. However, definitely plan on a re-gear in the future and fall in love with your Jeep all over again. She loses pep with bigger meats without the regear - especially with the heavier 35″ tires

I am running 35.4 Tires 295/65/20's I have a 3 lift front and 2 rear. I can tell you with my set up (+12mm) offset on the wheels, you will rub. I need to do the cab mount chop and I am rubbing on the inside of the front bumper which I have trimmed and removed the small mud flaps The answer is likely no without modifications. They will likely rub without a lift. Once you get it lifted, you are likely to have weak power unless you do a regear of the axles. If you then off-road, the front axle will be subject to breaking with the larger tires. If you ever want 35s, get Sasquatch How do 35 inch tires handle OFF-ROAD with 3.73 gears and a non-rubi, command trac 2,7:1 transfer case? I am running this set-up, except on 33 inch KM2's. I am thinking of getting rid of the 33's for 35's (just recently added the 2.5 inch RK stock mod, and am regretting my decision on going with 33's, they look a tad small) Fitting 35-inch tires while retaining the stock Sport or Overland fender flares will require the use of a 2- to 3-inch lift. Sport and Sport S models will need to either have the bumper flare extensions trimmed or removed for clearance. Overland models feature a different bumper assembly with slightly more tire clearance

You can do a little castor wiggle if you want to, if the steering feels less positive, but you shouldn't need to. You should lengthen your stops but by the same amount as your lift really. It's this that stops your tyres mashing your arches. Now if you go for the full 4, pretty much everything is in the kit. Well with an Ironman kit that is What do I have to do to fit 35s (315/70/17) on my FJ? 35s will need a decent amount of work to properly fit your FJ without rubbing. In addition to what was mentioned above for the 33s you're going to need aftermarket UCAs, a more aggressive BMC, a cutting tool for plastic, a BFH (Big Fuggin' Hammer), extend rear bump stops, body lift, alignment, and possibly a regear I went and upgraded my tires to 37's and now my Jeep Wrangler JK modification to-do list just got a whole lot longer. So in this video I'm going to share wi.. And, we are not talking about how you dream of using your truck, but how you actually use it day in and day out. For example, if you commute to work 50 miles each way, then maybe 44-inch tires and a 12-inch lift aren't a great idea. If you tow a lot of weight, you might not want a taller center of gravity and heavy 40-inch tires 7,291 Posts. #3 · Apr 13, 2010. do ii need to re-gear with 35 tires. I also have a 05 Z-71 crewcab with 6 lift and 35s. My truck came with 3.42 gears that just lugged the truck engine and tranny. I went with Precision Gears, 4.10s. Wish I had gone with 4.56s like I have in my Suburban with 6' lift and 35s

2004 - 2008 Ford F150 - Do I have to re-gear with 35s? - I am contemplating getting a 6 inch lift on my truck. I'm running toyo mts now 33x12.5. So if I bump up to 35x12.5 do I have to re-gear. How much MPG can I expect not re-gearing? Will it kill my transmission Re: Do i absolutely have to regear with 35s? Bradley21sanders wrote: You can always do it yourself but you need to be mechanically inclined to do so. can be done for around $600 for a 2wd (i would think around $800 for 4wd) and thats including the special tools needed and the oil If you regear for 35''s, you can go with 4.56's like I did, or you can go 4.88's if you want to go a bit over. IF you want to keep 33''s, you can stick to stock gears until you get the money, and drive careful till you do. When the time is right, a set of 4.30's will suit you well DBRs1. 50-60lbs per corner is a very common weight for a 32 wheel tire setup. Now add 5-10 pounds to that with a 35 and add 3 more inches of height to the equation and you have a recipe for broke parts. I used to run 35s on most of my 80s toyotas back in the day and i could break parts at any point if I wanted

33 vs 35 Tires – Comparison of October 2020 - New EditionComparing 285/70/17 and 285/75/17 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Regearing for 35's 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU

Joined Dec 5, 2003. ·. 704 Posts. #3 · Jun 9, 2009. You may want to do all your power mods before you start changing gears. I have run 3.73 gears on 37 BFG (about 35 inches tall), and it was a good combo. I have also done 3.73, 4.10, and 4.30 gears on 37 tall Toyo's. Currently I have 4.10 gears. Its a really good combo, but I may change. I was running 33 on stock 3.73 before. I read somewhere that the duramax designed operation range is 1800-2800rpm. 4.10/35tire and 4.56/37tire bring you very close to 3.73/stock tire overall total gear ratio (your speedo will be nearly dead on) and get the motor back up into it's ideal working range in every gear I just threw 37's in my 2500 3:73 gearing camping off of 35's. I need gears lol. But if they were 4:10 I'd thing it would be better than what I have. That's said she moves and I still have my low end grunt to wheel. So imo you'd be fine with no regear if you don't tow or wanna fly down the highway Re-gearing can and will improve your vehicles top speed, fuel efficiency and performance. Off-roading and upgrading to larger tires changes to overall diameter of the tire, roll resistance, tire rotation and adds weight of the tires into the mix. Your tires diameter governs how hard your drivetrain needs to work in order to make your vehicle move I have an 02 SD 7.3L with a 7 inch lift kit. When I got the truck it had 33 inch tires. When the wore out, I replaced them with 35s. The truck looks much better (in my opinion). I am considering going to 37 inch tires, and was wondering if I would need to regear the front and rear end to compensate for the tire size increase

Need to regear to put 35s? Jeeps

1. You do not need gears. 4.88 with 35s means a shorter final drive ratio than stock. 4.88 with 37s means a longer final drive ration than stock. Its really just personal preference. You shouldnt consider gears unless you are considering 37 tires. I believe that you will get better mpg with 35s and stock gears vs 35s and 4.88
  2. I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires. My questions are: 1. Will I need to regear once the 35 inch tires are put on? 2. What backspacing would you recommend? 3.6 L V6 8-speed 850RE automatic transmission 3.45 gear ratio Current tires -..
  3. You would definitely need at least 4 inches to run 35×12.5 tires and you would need a 9 inch wide rim with around 0 offset for this to work. The wider the rims, i.e. 12 wide rims, will require a 6 inch lift as the offset will be around -44 which will push the tires out a lot. Minimum Lift to fit 35 tires on a 2019 Ford Range

How do 35 inch tires handle OFF-ROAD with 3.73 gears and a non-rubi, command trac 2,7:1 transfer case? I am running this set-up, except on 33 inch KM2's. I am thinking of getting rid of the 33's for 35's (just recently added the 2.5 inch RK stock mod, and am regretting my decision on going with 33's, they look a tad small) there is NO NEED for 4.56's ! ! i am running 35 tires and i still have my 3.73's and i can leave 4 black streaks in the road when i launch. my truck does not have any problem getting up and going. if you are planning on doing A LOT of towing, you can step down to 4.10, dont even consider 4.30's unless you plan on going to a 37 tire Re: To Regear or Not to Regear, that is the question. I would only regear if you want your drivetrain to last, and you tow heavy. Once you get to 37 tires, I personally think the trucks drive much better with 4.30 or 4.56 gears. 35 work great with 3.73 or 4.10 You have 30.5 inch factory tires with a 3.31 electronic limited slip axle. Going to 305/70/18 tires (34.8 inches) you'd need a 3.73 to be closest to stock engine speed and speedometer reading, if you want about the same amount of power. A 4.11 gear ratio would help more since the tires will be heavier The reason why 33 tires are better than the 35 tires is because of how much it'd cost you to set them up. If you go for a 35 tire, you may need to regear your vehicle, which leads to more money you'd have to invest. On the other hand, the 33 tires don't compare to the traction, circumference, and footprint of the 35 tires

short answer no. long answer, anything can be done with enough time, money and ingenuity. ok ill provide some more context. you can probably get 35's to fit witha lift and trimming, as i think you realize based on your question, the gearing really isnt going to be well suited for tires that large and heavy. farm truck in 4lo 100% of the time, go for it, but if you plan to do any real on road. Taking it off only requires a plastic trim tool and takes less than a minute to do. The 35s. Not all 35-inch-tall tires are created equal. We mean this in a very literal sense. One company's 35 might only measure 33.75 inches, while another will be closer to the true stated diameter. Nitto tends to make its tires very true-to-size Dana 30 superior axle kit. 4,5 lift (just need to exchange the coilsprings) 4,10 gears. And also going from my 32 tires with 3,73 gear, to 35 tires with 4,10 gears. Since I drive it alot, I still want to have as good MPG as possible. To fit 35 with only 4,5 lift I will combine a hydraulic system with Icelandic cut out fender flares Grinder: Check Price. Part 3. The Pinch Weld. This was my final step to fitting my new 35-inch tires. To begin, you will be cutting slits into the pinch weld with 1-1.5 inch gaps between each slit to essentially create multiple tabs. If you want to do fewer cuts, then you can do a cut every 3-4 inches

Regear for 35's?? DodgeTalk Foru

1. ute. It's a big number, but it's perfectly good and reasonable
  2. Why You Need Deeper Gears With Larger Tires: The ring and pinion gears in your axle do two different things, one is turn the driving power 90° from the driveshaft to the axle shafts. The other is for gear reduction to help the engine get the vehicle moving from a dead stop and to keep it moving within the proper RPM range for the engine
  3. Plugging in the numbers you end up with 3.73 * 37 / 32 = 4.31. Trouble is, nobody makes 4.31 gears for the Jeep axles. You can get 4.10's, 4.56's, 4.88's and 5.13's. So which do you choose? The rule of thumb is that you always round up. The biggest reason you would want to do that is because larger tires are harder to move
  4. 35 inch tires, Do I need to install new gears. I just installed 5 inch suspension lift on my 88. Will I need to do any gear work if I go with 35's? I dont want it to be a dog. you don't HAVE to regear, ive known many people over the years that run up to 38's with stock gears... its not advised, and you'll be hating life...
  5. e. freaking awesome not cheap - think $10K+ if you can't do the work yourself. but i plan on keeping this for a long long time. It is night and day difference. I will probably go 34-35 inch on my next set of tires after the high clearance cut from SSO (on the way)
  6. Im thinking about either going with the rough country 5 inch lift and 33 inch tires or the rc 7.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires. If i go with the 35 inch tires would i have to regear the rear end? The truck currently has 3.73 in the rear. thank

Regearing for 35's Jeep Gladiator Forum

You don't need 37's :thefinger: 3-3.5s is plenty if you want flat fenders. wen they start making noise or break replace them. My rear broke first at 3s just a little cutting of the wheel well sleeves/gussets/control arm skids/chromoly axles do lockers while your in there. You will go much farther locked on 35's then open on 37's If you do regear, your powertrain will be prepared to add more weight later on. Im not sure if its worth the cost with just a tires and lift. Major major majority of 4runners with 33″-35″ tires and 2-3″ lift are run on stock gears and we all just live with the slowness of it. Let us know what you decide A good gear ratio for the AW4 automatic running 35-inch tires is 4.56:1 or 4.88:1 gear. Part of the reason we recommend 4.56:1 gears for the 33-inch tires is because they also work well with 35-inch tires. If your Jeep has the AX-15 automatic you'll want around a 4.10:1 gear ratio. Here sits an XJ with 35-inch tires In your case, you have a little tougher decision. 4.56 gears would probably be a little short if you're only running 31-32 tires, depending how fast you drive. 4.10 gears would be closer to factory but it is SUCH a small change from 3.73 gears that it would barely be noticeable. Just expensive. I used east coast gear supply 3,091 Posts. #10 • Feb 19, 2008. If your truck came with 4.10s or 3.91 gears, I don't know which the non-towing package has, but these are traditionals, and the truck has 31 tires you should regear if going to 35s. If you have the 4.30s with the towing package, and you had a 31 tire and increase to 35 tires you should regear as well

93' EB 6" lift 35's on 17inch rims? - Ford Bronco Forum

I'm running 37's with 3.42 gearing, which I believe is the highest gearing offered in the 2500 (don't quote me). Maybe I would be happier with regearing but honestly it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Maybe you will want to regear eventually but until you see how you like it the way it is I.. Do you need to Regear with 35 inch tires? No, you don't need to re-gear with 35s. However, definitely plan on a re-gear in the future and fall in love with your Jeep all over again. She loses pep with bigger meats without the regear - especially with the heavier 35″ tires

Regearing Truck after lift kit and 35's tire - 2014-2018

the front gears you'll be looking for should say GM 8.25 or GM 9.25 front with a 4.88 ratio. rears will be for a 10bolt (8.5/8.6in) or 14 bolt 9.5in (double check if you have the 14b, because there is a 9.5, 10.5, and 11.5in 14b's) and get 4.88's. I thought about 4.56's for mine but if you do any driving in town you'll regret not getting 4.88s You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE 37s with 4.88s will get you slightly better than 4.30 and 32 tires. I will definitely regear when I do 37s. It will be nice to get back to stock range Pretty much every Tundra 2010+ (with the 5.7) is all standard with the tow package. 35's do rob. The best way to decide what tires are for you is to find the look that you're after, then work backward from that - pricing out the tires, the lift, and deciding if you'll need to regear or not. Here are some popular Jeep JK tire / lift options: 33 inch tires and no lift: 33 inch tires and 2.5″ lift: 33 inch tire and 3″ lift Offroad difference between 33's and 35's? 1 inch of ground clearance. The speedo can be calibrated by either a dealer or yourself Even with 33's you should regear if you don't have 4.10's. That being said I would rather have 4.56's with my 33's ____

Standard tires from Chevrolet are 31.6 inches, offered in the form 265/65/R18, and some are 33 inches, offered as 275/60/R20. Truck owners who do not want to trim, cut, or do any modifications on their Silverado can stick with a 33-inch tire. Any bigger tire, and you will need to trim and cut for the tire to fit on the stock suspension I had 32 inch tires on it and then put Bushwacker flat flares on it today. They really open the fenders up and now the 32s look way too small. How do these things hold up to 35s? Are they ok on the highway? Thanks. You will want to regear... 35's will hold up fine as long as you have a good suspension system to back it up with 1993-1997 Ford Ranger: You can fit 33-inch tires with a 4-inch suspension, but you may need to do a little fender trimming. A 6-inch lift would give you plenty of room. I used a 6-inch kit on my 1996 Ranger (top) with 33-inch tires. I could have squeezed 35-inch tires on, but they would have rubbed as the axle articulated up and down a 351 on 35's will do just fine, it will be a little more sluggish than your used to but it will still drive good, i had a stock 302 and ran 38's before i did my gears, and it still spun the tires, once you regear youll love it, but for now you will be fin When you lift your Jeep Cherokee you will be changing suspension angles and lengthening travel that you will need to account for. If you don't deal with all the issues you could be driving a deathtrap. Stock Suspension. 2 inch lift. 2.5 inch lift. 3 inch lift. 3.5 inch lift. 4 inch lift. 4.5 inch lift

You can't get 35 or 37 inch tires right now. There's some weird things happening. So I'm not necessarily saying that that delay is Earth Cruiser, but you know, these are still $300,000 to $400,000 vehicles where a Revel, you can get a used revel for low one hundreds Page 2- My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble 4x4 Projects and Build

1,059 Posts. Discussion Starter · #3 · Nov 8, 2016. Ive heard the 4.56s are awesome if youre running 37s, im just wondering if that would be overkill for 34.5s. I do daily drive this truck, pull a 10,000lb camper maybe 20 days at most a year, that being my heaviest haul. Most of my driving between 40-50mph, but occasionally on the highway I want to get 4:88 but I am at the point where I need new tires cuz mine are pretty worn so I was going to run 35's for a little while until I got the funds together to regear. I ran 35's with 3.73's when I first got my TJ (4.0 5 speed) 402 Posts. #6 • Oct 10, 2011. With 35's we always recommend a rear gear, you can definitely live with out the re-gear but IMO it's worth it. We charge 1600.00 for dropping off the FJ and picking it up re-geared. The body mount chop is a must as well as a slightly taller bump stop and some plastic trimming I would like to put some 35x10,5x16 tires on my BJ40. It has a 3B engine, turbo and intercooler, 4 speed gearbox and stock diff ratio (4.11 I think). Do you think it will handle well the 35 inch tires without modifications or do i need to regear my diffs? If so, wich diff ratio should I use.. It is really night and day, especially for the situations you described. You'll probably feel like you don't even need to regear anymore until you go to 35s, if you ever did. And if you're on tires smaller than that, you'll probably be really satisfied

May 22, 2021. #3. They claim with the engine no need to regear, but I had an 03 wrangler I regeared to 4.56 with 33s on it and could go up to a 35 maybe a 37 inch tire with a 4.56...idk I definitely want to regear at some point as they most likely went with smaller gears for speed and on road performance. OP. L 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 - Larger tires and regearing. - Keep seeing posts where many guys have regeared their trucks after a lift and larger tires. Of course an off road shop will tell you it's needed, it's financially beneficial to get you to drop as much coin as possible in upgrades. I had an 05 ram 1500 lifted 6 with..

35 tires and 8th gear Jeep Gladiator Forum

4.56 for 37's unless you don't do any hwy driving. 2012 Z71, 6.5 Zone lift, 20x9 Gear Alloys, 285 BFG at's, 1.5 rear spacers, Diablosport Intune, K&N intake, Yukon 4.11's, Yukon Duragrip, 35% tint 2004 Jeep tj, 33x12.50 Mtz's, 2.5 OME suspension lift, 1.25 JKS body lift, 1 inch motor lift, Warn 9,000 winch with Warn front and rear bumper This is due to the fact that the stock 17-inch wheel is only 7.5 inches wide, making it a touch too narrow for the more common 35x12.50R17 tire. While it can be done, you'll need to reduce the air pressure in the tire to get an even contact patch. Doing so will equate to reduced performance and fuel economy A leveling kit makes sure the truck sits nice and flat from front to back. But it's more than just a cosmetic upgrade; it also allows you to fit larger tires. The F-150 that Watts uses as an example has a 2.5-inch leveling kit installed up front and is able to run 20-inch wheels and 35-inch tires. A leveling kit has a cost advantage, too You need to re-gear for 35's (+$1200), go to a longarm lift vs. a shortarm (+$700), get a CV rear driveshaft (+$400), then spend an extra $30/tire X 5 tires (+$150). So the real difference between 33's and 35's is about $2500. For less than 1 more space under the pumpkins (not much more capability) and a lot less driveability on the road

6 lift and 35 what do I need to regear - SilveradoSierra

you can run 35, you might need to trim to avoid rubbing, you might not. 35's get you better clearance and more angles and people will generally say to go 35. Im putting a 50 mm (2.5 inch) tjm lift on mine and sticking with 33's because they seem perfectly adequate for my wheeling needs, and that includes some rock crawling in moab So in this case, with a tire that will fit our SUVs, you have a tire with a 305mm wide tread, or 12.2 wide, that sits 152.5mm off the rim, or has a sidewall of 6, and mounts on a 20 rim, preferably 9-10 wide. Overall it would be 32 tall. Another 305 could be a 305-45-22 281. For 35s your looking at 4.56 gear ratios for the axles. 4.88s if you're looking for some power. The cost is about 600 bux per axle. An axle swap will end up costing more and be more work. I currently run 4.88 on my 37 inch tires and cruise at 70-80 mpg at about 2200 rpm. 07-11-2011, 11:31 PM #3. xjmarc Regear; M205 front diff swap + Titan CV axles; Titan suspension swap; Body lift; Fender trimming; Better brake pads (IMO stock braking is so weak after tire swap) $$ for gas; Stick with 33's IMO. 35's are cool but you can do 95% of off-road with 33s. Your tires will look stuffed and you have to trim a lot

When & Why You Should Regear Your Wrangle

I have 3.55s with almost 33's and do want to eventually regear to 4.10s. I know the most common size for offroading is the 4.10s but as you go bigger tires you need bigger gears as well. I know of some Jeep people running 5.88 or soemthing like that even strictly in a trail vehicle A basic method to calculate is to mutiply .12 by your tire diameter. (.12 X 38 = 4.56) The below table can be used to get a rough idea on gear ratios. The colors represent ideal RPM's at highway speeds (65). These calculations are assuming a manual transmission with a 1:1 ratio. If you drive an automatic your RPMs will be slightly higher, and.

Should I re-gear my 6 tacoma which has 35 tires

You may not need 3.5in lift. Big tires kill MPG, but you can make some of it up regearing for the bigger tires. You can run 33s on a stock jeep. 35s with flat fenders, and 37s with Metalcloak overline fenders all with no lift. If you are really worried about mpg I would not go over 35s and regear to maybe 410 gears If your TJ is not a Rubicon you will have a NV231 t-case and 2.71:1 crawl ratio. If you have a Rubicon you have a NV241 t-case and a 4:1 crawl ratio. This has a very big effect when you are wheeling in 4-low! You can get away with a lower gear ratio and still crawl slower than your friends with 2.71:1. On the other side of the same equation you.

62 & 80 Series with stock 4.11 gearing:Going to a 33 tire size: 4.56, 35 tires, 4.88, 37+ tires, 5.29 ratio ring & pinion. Please keep in mind that these are just recommendations. Ideally we recommend you spend some time behind the wheel of a similarly equipped Land Cruiser to determine your personal gearing needs The stock gearing RPM calculations kind of surprised me. With stock tires and gearing, it almost seems as if you'd be lugging the engine at 65 mph. But if my only concern is to put the engine back into OEM RPM ranges with 35 tires, the 3.73 gearing does seem to do that. You're right. This is tall gearing If you are keeping it stock I think 4.56 would be your best bet, if you are going to run a medium tune I would go 4.10's, I would go 4.56's if you have a 6 speed either way. If you go 4.56 with a 5 speed you will prob be right around stock tires with 3.73's, so dont worry about screaming around town This means if you have an automatic you will want maybe 4:88 and for the same setup but with manual you would want 3:73 gears. Usually we get deeper gearing when we get larger tires. In my example I am going from the stock tires to 33 inch tires and later to 35's. The stock gears for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model is 3:73 ratio So I leveled my truck and got 35 inch tires. I've noticed that my 6th to 5th downshift feels like it slips a little and is harsh. It's bad enough that I hardly run 6th gear now. I only really need it when running 75+ on the interstate as I have 373s. I would like to regear but wonder if this is.. If you really want tall tires, you'll need to spend some money to regear the axles. And if you're going to go through the trouble and expense of regearing your axles, you might as well gear 'em for really tall tires, and then you'll need an expensive lift to clear 'em